As was announced in November 2017, our free eportfolio service previously available under www.portfoliocommunities.com has shut down permanently. The site was eventually shut down in October 2018.
- A shut down notice was displayed prominently on the front page for the entire time.
- A link was provided to the eportfolio export feature allowing users to download their entire data.
- New account creation was disabled six month before shut down.
- All users were contacted at least once via email alerting them to the shutdown.
- A university told us that they had stopped recommending our free service to their students.
- We heard that within the Mahara community word got around of our shut down notice.
- Efforts were made to find a new home for the entire service but were unsuccessful.
- All backup data has either been deleted already or is scheduled to be deleted in the future.
For nearly nine years, we have enjoyed providing a free service to anyone.
Dirk Meyer, iCampus21